Sunday, April 27, 2008

Waiting for Rain


The garden is quiet this morning - very still and hushed. The clouds are moving in and we wait for rain. Two to three inches of rain are predicted for tomorrow and Tuesday. That is a lot of rain, but the land is very dry. We haven’t had a drop of rain for two weeks now.

Most years I plant peas early in one batch and then get too many peas that I can’t eat, and in not too long they are gone. This year I decided to plant half my peas as normal and half on May 1st. If the weather is very hot they won’t grow well, but if the weather is cool then I will have peas for a very long time. But because of the forecast, I’m put them in the soil today. The rain will water them for me so I won’t have to. And just for good measure I put in some more radishes and the turnips I got from Pinetree. Now I wait for rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment