Monday, October 20, 2014

Harvest Monday, 20 October 2014

This week's harvest is remarkably like last weeks harvest, but replacing the broccoli with chard. I have little bitty zucchini and carrots a lot.

I did however get a few radishes this time. The fall radishes didn't grow that well. They didn't have much light and were started a bit late. But they finally have sized up a bit.

And just like last week I have a Michihili cabbage. This is the last one. It was starting to crack and bolt, but still good to eat.

Last night had frost and freeze warnings. I haven't checked the garden yet. I might have gotten the last of the zucchini. If I have, it is too bad. I've never had zucchini produce this late before. It was very slow to start this year, but at least made up for it a little bit.

Like last week I picked about eight pounds of produce, which is all that I need to eat for the week, with the addition of some of the storage crops. Sweet potatoes, squash, and onions. With the most likely demise of the zucchini and the end of the Chinese cabbage. I'll be switching over to bok choy and European cabbage. Though not this coming week. I'll be on vacation this coming week. It is a girls vacation, so I'm leaving my husband at home. Luckily nothing much needs to be done in the garden at this time of the year. Just harvesting what we need to eat. When I get back though I'll start being busy again with cleaning up and planting garlic. Though I won't be here, I'll set up a Harvest Monday post so you call can have fun without me.

  • Alliums: 0.50 lbs
  • Carrots: 2.81 lbs
  • Greens: 1.38 lbs
  • Greens, Asian: 2.24 lbs
  • Herb s: 0.07 lbs
  • Roots: 0.16 lbs
  • Squash, Summer: 0.94 lbs
  • Weekly Total: 8.10 lbs
  • Yearly Total: 642.81 lbs
  • Yearly Tally: $1103.61

Harvest Monday is a day to show off your harvests, how you are saving your harvest, or how you are using your harvest. If you have a harvest you want to show off, add your name and link to Mr Linky below.

18 comments:

  1. You always have such gorgeous veggies! Amazing that you still have zucchini this late in a season. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our radish have been non-existent this year, I don't think that they liked the compost as we wanted to grow then at home in containers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I too am amazed you are still getting zucchini, and such nice looking ones. Enjoy the week away..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those looks like some really nice harvests for this time of year. I hope you have a great time on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome that you still have zucchini, and now with the addition of radishes too. Like spring and summer, in the deep fall! It's great that you continue to harvest enough to feed you for the week. Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful chard! Mine still has a bit of damage from something, although much less now than in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is amazing that you are still getting zucchini this late in the year. Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carrots are beautiful and such a harvest as winter beckons. I'll be watching to see how you plant your garlic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your chard looks so good. I had been hoping to be able to harvest some round about now but it's got a lot of powdery mildew so I keep trimming and tossing. There's still plenty of other veggies left to fill the gap though so I can't complain too much. Have fun with the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have also had an amazingly late year this year. We are still harvesting zucchini and tomatoes! It's been a great year. Your carrots and chard are looking fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your veg look so fresh and scrumptious! Wish I had been able to sow radishes this fall like I was planning too. I guess I will have to wait for spring. Have a wonderful time on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maybe you should try some of the so-called Winter radishes, or maybe the Japanese types, for late sowings. The "ordinary" ones never do well late in the year.
    Hope you have a good holiday - be good and don't do anything untoward. I know what these Girls' Vacations are like you know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your swiss chard looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah carrots. How I miss you. I'm currently between carrot harvests, with the going to seed one's pulled up and the next lot too tiny to harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're still getting some good harvests, yay! Coincidentally I'm still getting courgettes (zucchini) too, much later than usual.

    ReplyDelete
  16. As much as I envy the colourful veggies you still have coming, what I envy most is that you seem to have sunshine in your first couple of photos - haven't seen that around here for a while ...

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are still doing well to get enough to eat each week! We have had a couple light frosts but so far nothing to hurt the few things in the garden. Nice variety yet. Have a wonderful vacation! Nancy

    ReplyDelete