Friday, May 1, 2009

Blogger Trophy Award

It seems to be meme season. I've seen several different awards going around recently. Wendy over at Rambling Unsettled Vagabond has sent me the Blogger Trophy Award. Thank you Wendy. It has a pretty enough award photo to go with it but there seems to be no story behind it. Most awards have some story, or at least some criteria for passing it along. I'm wondering if I should jazz it up by making up a story.

The photo seems stately and maybe a bit pretentious at first glance. However it uses Blogger and Bloger, so maybe it is more of a fickle award? Or an award for those that can't spell? The last one would surely be me. Without spell check I would have so many incorrectly spelled words - half from mistyping, the other half because I really can't spell anything to save my life.

I think I'll just pick 5 people whose blogs I like and I haven't passed an award to in the past. Don't think of this as an implication that you can't spell. As always if you want to play along, go for it. If you aren't into memes feel free to ignore my paltry attempt to get a link back to my blog.

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow Daphne! I was so excited that you'd won what I consider to be a VERY well-deserved award that I couldn't wait to get to the comment section and congratulate you, and then I saw you'd nominated Poor Richard's Almanac! We are thrilled and honored! I agree, the award looks so dignified, especially with that dramatic lighting, it's probably the closest we're going to get to an Oscar. (Now, if I can just figure out how to make it show up on the blog... ) I love the idea of making up a back-story. Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daphne, very nice and you deserve an award for all the wonderful posts on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, thank you! I am truly honored to receive this beautiful award. And how appropriate it is, if it is indeed an award for bad spelling...I had to delete my previous comment, because Thank is not spelled Tahnk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the award Daphne. I will post about it in a few days and send it along to others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. our friend Ben, You're welcome. If I were there in PA I could help you out, but you can save it to your own computer by right clicking and pick the save option (at least for my browser :>).

    keewee thanks so much.

    Annie's Granny, lol I've done that in the past on blogs that wouldn't let me delete the post. Ack.

    Dan, you're welcome. Usually one tells the people about their award on their own blog. I figured I'd let people find out on their own. So far so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Daphne! You are such a dear and the misspelling makes it all the more special! If only they had doubled the o and left out the l, now that would have made a great story. :-)
    Frances

    ReplyDelete