Another problem I had this year was the canning. The applesauce expanded too much and started coming out the tops as it processed. Technically they sealed, but I didn't trust that the seals would hold. So I reprocessed them with more head space. I think I put too much head space in some of them at the end. I'll eat those first. I often seem to have trouble with just the 1/2" that they say to use for apples. I don't know why. I don't have large bubbles in the bottom or anything. Oh well. My first batch is done. I'll buy some more apples at the farmers market next week to make my second batch. I'm hoping in a few years I'll get enough apples to make applesauce with my own apples. I can hope at least.