Friday, July 18, 2008

Baby all Grown Up

Yesterday afternoon when I was out in the garden, a beautiful black swallowtail was playing around me. She would land on the parsley flowers then flitter on over to the dill flowers. Was this one of my baby caterpillars all grown up? I would like to think so. It seems about the right amount of time. Of course I did not have my camera with me, but after about 5 minutes of watching her, I ran into the house for it. The butterfly really didn't want to sit still. The only time she did before she flew away was this brief rest on my tomato plant.

4 comments:

  1. They aren't always cooperative when you are trying to take their picture. I had one flitter around for 20 minutes before I could get a decent shot. That would be cool if it was one of your babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Butterflies are starting to frequent my yard too. It is exciting to think that they might have come from the caterpillars we met a month ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping to get a better photo, but they tend to be so uncooperative.

    ReplyDelete