Monday, March 3, 2014

Harvest Monday, March 3rd, 2014

I'm a little late getting my Harvest Monday up. I guess it is kind of like not being ready for a party when people start to show up. With my memory as bad as it is (and my family will tell you it is really bad) I'm surprised it hasn't happened more often. But here goes. Dinner number one is pot pie with a biscuit topping. From my preserves it has celery, carrots, onions, and sage.

Next comes shrimp with lobster sauce. Well sort of. It has turkey instead of pork. My husband declared it yummy. It just has garlic from the garden. But the sides of kale and broccoli are both from the garden.

I usually don't get to make pineapple dishes as my husband hates all the tropical fruits. I can get away with cooking with the more northern fruits, but not the really yummy ones. Since he wasn't home I could make what I wanted. Again it was just garlic in the main dish with spinach for a side.

Last but not least was a nice turkey breast dinner with the fixings. The cranberry sauce is homemade, but nothing from the garden. The dressing has onions, celery, and spices from my stash. And the sides were spinach and squash.

Harvest Monday is a day to show off your harvests, how you are saving your harvest, or how you are using your harvest. If you have a harvest you want to show off, add your name and link to Mr Linky below.

10 comments:

  1. Better late than never I always say! Nothing new to harvest here but like you we have plenty to eat from stores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I still had spinach in my freezer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must have a small monthly grocery tally!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was a little worried about you when I didn't see your post this morning. Glad to know you are ok. It looks like I accidentally hit enter to an old post that was in the linky...are you able to remove #4? See, you are not the only one having rough Monday :)

    I am really having a craving for Kale and started some seeds under lights early so I can enjoy some clippings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monday is always tough for me to get going also, I'm impressed at how well you plan your meals with preserved veggies from your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You may have been late but guess I am later! Dragging my feet as not much going on. Using some chard in the freezer for myself but took no pictures. Your pot pie looks good! I make it with pie crust. You make me want to try canning cranberry sauce! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Harvests are a bit thin on the ground at this time of the year - as clearly shown by the small number of contributors to your Harvest Monday blog-hop this time. We are all itching to get on and sow something though. Your skills with preserving food are coming into their own just now, aren't they? In times gone by (before the advent of the electric freezer) it must have been a lot more difficult to feed oneself throughout the Winter months.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't made pot pie in ages. Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete