Thursday, May 15, 2008

Garden Blogger’s Bloom Day May 2008

In the woods next to my house the pink Lady Slippers are blooming. I used to have some in the woods of my back yard, but as the maple trees have taken over, they have sadly disappeared. In my yard the following are blooming:



Dandelion
Lily of the valley
Crab apple
Martha Washington Geranium
Sweet Alyssum
Lobelia
Impatiens
Marigold
Bluets

Bleeding Heart
Azalea
Dwarf Rhododendron
Holly
Barberry
Ajuga
Creeping Phlox
Johnny Jump Ups


In bud, but very soon:
Peonie
Dwarf Lilac
Dianthus
Blueberry
Columbine
Chives

Garden Blogger's Bloom Day is hosted by Carol at May Dream Gardens

5 comments:

  1. Hi there! I love the montage of photos some bloggers put on their blogs. I am originally from Maine and I know your excitment with the lady's slippers. You make the dandelion look lovely-and the bee thinks so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your perspective about dandelions! Great list of bloomers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina - I do love the lady's slippers. I would have posted a photo of them, but really only one is in bloom right now on the hill and it isn't yet in full color. It still looks washed out. Usually they are all in full bloom by May 15th, but they are a little late this year.

    Mumm - Thanks. I do love my dandelions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely collage of blooms in your garden. We have some blooms in common, including dandelions. And soon we'll both have lilacs and peonies in bloom.

    Thanks for joining in for bloom day.
    Carol, May Dreams Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for my lilacs to bloom. I wish I had a good sunny spot for a full size one, but the little one has that wonderful scent too.

    ReplyDelete